The office is a place to work, but when rodents infest it you or your employees will have a difficult time concentrating. Mice infestation brings a slew of problems that may affect performance.
The smell of rodent urine will distract and droppings may poison food in the office. Mice also bring all sorts of germs and diseases that may lead to sickness. If you or your employees get sick your company will drop in productivity.
There are a few ways to prevent rodents from infesting your office, these are some of the things you should consider doing:
- Avoid leaving food behind on desks or tables. The scent of food will attract rodents, especially if you have a small office or a workspace in an old building.
- If you plan to bring food to the office, make sure to seal them properly or better if you have a refrigerator to store food.
- Seal holes, damaged screens and other damaged parts of your office to prevent rodents from invading and infesting your office.
- Install sealants, screens or other similar products to keep rodents out. Mice can invade an office through the smallest of holes because of their size.
- Keep storage rooms dry and moist-free; moisture creates the perfect breeding ground for rodents and other pests.
- Remove garbage and junk as soon as you no longer need to keep them. Boxes and junk are ideal places for rodents to live in.
- Make sure your office has proper lighting; these creatures lurk in the dark and will find ways to use the darkness in their favor.
- Get rid of unnecessary paper files. Mice can shred paper to use for their nesting. Depending on your industry, you may want to find out how long you need to keep specific documents. Better yet, digitize your files.
- Get professional cleaners to come in at least once a week. A clean office has lesser chance for mice infestation than a dirty one.
- There are Truro wildlife control professionals that provide you with the services you need to get rid of rodents properly, and keep them out for good.
These are some of the things you can do to prevent mice from infesting your office. With proper implementation, keeping rodents away is a cinch. Consult with Truro wildlife control experts like Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control to help keep mice out of your workplace.