Rodents are not only potential carriers of disease, but they cause a variety of problems for property owners. With help from an animal control expert, they can remove different types of rodents humanely and successfully.
Rodents are responsible for the transmission of a variety of diseases. A person may get a rat-borne disease just by inhaling dust contaminated with rat feces. Some of the illnesses caused by rat infestation include:
- Hantavirus – this disease is potentially life-threatening; you may get this illness through exposure or inhalation of infected rodent saliva, droppings or urine. The possibility of getting the disease increases when you are close to spaces where rats live. Some of the symptoms of this ailment include fatigue, muscle aches, fever, headaches, dizziness and abdominal pain.
- Rat-bite Fever – a person may get this disease if they consume food contaminated by rodents. Symptoms normally occur three to ten days after exposure; the signs of this disease include vomiting, rash, headaches, fever and muscle pain.
- Salmonellosis – this is a type of food poisoning that rodents spread through their feces. You may get this ailment when you consume contaminated food. Some of its symptoms are diarrhea, fever and abdominal pain.
Some of these ailments are potentially fatal, especially for people with respiratory ailments, young children with underdeveloped respiratory systems and seniors. A wildlife control expert helps you remove rodents and prevent future infestations.
Rodents do not only have the capability to spread disease, they may damage property when they build a den, chew through wiring, insulation and building materials. These may seem like minor property damage, but when you leave these unrepaired, it may cause bigger problems in the future.
Signs of Infestation
Identifying the signs of rodent infestation at its early stages is important. Some of its indicators include:
- A mouse or two will run across any room in your property
- You hear running, scratching and chewing behind walls and the spaces between your ceiling
- Food packages have small marks on them or have partial openings
- You see rodent droppings near a cupboard corner, the kitchen counter or other areas in your house.
Once you see any of these signs, it is time to call a professional wildlife remover.
How Rodents Invade Homes
Rodents are small animals that can sneak through the tiniest of holes or cracks on the wall, whether it is concrete or wood. These creatures will look for shelter that has access to food and warmth.
With help from an animal control expert, you will no longer deal with the difficulties of deodorizing a former den, removal of young or re-infestation. These experts have the experience and know various proven techniques to make sure that rodents are humanely and properly removed from your home.